Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hello everybody:

Today I supposed to write about someone who I admire, but I'm not going to do that.  The problem here is that when I tried to think about someone who I admire my mind was spaced out, this doesn't mean that I don't admire anyone, but in this moment I just don't know who is like my "idol" or something like that.  So for that reason, today I'm going to talk about a mexican economist called Enrique Leff, who has developed the concept of "enviromental racionality" one of the principal ideas inside the "enviromental epistemology" .  I can't say that I admire this guy because sincerely I don't know very much about him, but I have been reading part of his work the past two weeks and I really liked his postulates.  Leff say that we have to reformulate all sciences with this "enviromental racionality" as a background, he think that all the enviromental problems of the world today have been caused by the political domination of the economist utilitary logic inside all sciences.  I was absolutely impressed when I read this because some of the ideas contained there were the same that I though time ago.  I don't know if I admire Enrique Leff but I'm sure that he is an incredible intellectual who has worked in places where I would like to work in the future like the ONU, and also he defines himself as an "enviromental sociologist" which is awesome. 

Thank you for reading, regards!

3 comments:

  1. He sounds very interesting :o maybe you should send my some papers or books about him c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't this author but after I read your post I think that have good ideas and methods for lead the pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonzalo is a good idea work about environmental rationality for epistemology class!

    ReplyDelete